Sunday, November 14, 2010

One More Chance

I still remember the first movie I watched alone. It was in my opinion, the best Filipino film ever made – "One More Chance". The experience itself felt like an emotional suicide further complicated by the pain of lining up for the movie and end up buying only a ticket for myself. And as I entered  the movie house, I had to endure my heavy aching heart when I see couples everywhere. The movie was phenomenal, a blockbuster, I would say. The movie house was filled by a sea of couples – the young, married, and the old which made it hard for me to find a seat. Luckily, I managed to find a one near the back at the farthest seat at the left wing. I bought myself the biggest size of popcorn that the movie house has plus an extra large iced tea to accompany me in movie.
Every row of chair has eight seats and almost everyone was with their partner, I had to bear having an empty seat beside me. I felt like a valiant tiger, a solitary one at that. As the film started, I sensed the warmth of the cuddled couples nearby, yet all I could feel is the coldness of the air conditioning unit. Sensing isn’t the same as feeling after all. You can feel pain, but you can’t sense it.
 As the picture progressed and went on to climax - the scene where Popoy found a new love while Basha went away - I had to do the most consoling thing I can do for myself – fill the spaces of my hand with my other hand just to feel she’s the one holding it. It did the least relief but it sure backfired after only a few minutes as it reminded me that only a unfilled red chair was next to me. Thus, I had to stop again.
After a few years, I had to learn that she was with her seminarian boyfriend that same very day I watched the movie alone. She told me they had an sexual intercourse at the comfort room of the Chapel. Oh what sacrilege it had been! But upon meeting her again, all I could say is:
“Oh, I heard about what happened, it must be difficult for both of you but congratulations on your first baby…”
And all she replied was, “Ninong ka ah?”
In my mind I replied, “Putanginamofuckyoubitch!”

19 comments:

Nimmy said...

waaaaaaaaaaah! *faint*
kakaloka ang scene nyo ni girl ah!

Anonymous said...

Aww. i feel for u. ok lng nmn mgng single, dnt wrry =)

Yj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yj said...

kahit hindi kita kilala, mukha ka namang mabait... kaya imbayt kita sa susunod na movie night namin...

next picture kasi ang ONE MORE CHANCE...

at ako tatabi sayo para may kaholding hands at kahug ka din hahahaha

joke lang po... likas lang akong friendly... yaiy

*****

i could just imagine the look on her face had you uttered those words out loud... ay mali, the word lang pala kasi ginawa mong one word hahahaha

PUTANGINAMOFUCKYOUBITCH!

winuuuuuuuh!

Drei said...

@nimmy - nakakainis lang no?haha bastusan?haha
@anonymous - mind telling me who you are? :) I'm nice, i dont bite :)
@yj - ahh talaga? naku di ako mabait eh. Read old entries, you'll know why.haha!

pero sige update mo na lang ako :))

Anonymous said...

aha next time nalang siguro. kilala mo ko eh. haha. anyway wag ka na malungkot kasi okay naman maging single eh. pabayaan mo n ung babaeng un. =)

Drei said...

hhmmm.. kilala naman pala kita bat di mo pa sabihin.haha.. anyway, i found someone better kaya oks lang :)

Anonymous said...

talaga? better? ooh.. akala ko kc single ka.. haha.. hmmmm.. susunod nalang. ehe.. may better naman pala eh.. un nalang ung ikwento mo sa blog mo.. wag na ung mga past mo.. tsk.. bitter ka pa siguro sa ex mo.. haha..

Drei said...

im not...tsaka na ako magkukwento about dun.hehe :)

Anonymous said...

panalo to drei! pero mas panalo ang pagmomoment mo tol. hahaha.

Bino said...

favorite ko kasi ang loveteam na john lloyd bea kaya lahat ng movies nila pinanood ko.hehe and i must admit na the best ang movie na to. next dito yung miss you like crazy at now that i have you :D

Drei said...

@hondafanboi - haha! lagi naman akong panalo anu ba yan.hahah! :)

@bino- oo nga eh :) ganda diba? kaso ito talaga yung na struck ako.hehe

Pinoy Adventurista said...

ang kapal para gawin ka pang ninong? wahahaha!!!

my-so-called-Quest said...

oi oi oi!puso mo. ahaha. ang lutong ng mura ah. hahaha

Off topic: iba naiisip ko pag tumutugtog ung manila ng eheads. lol

smile na! :D

jc said...

naku mukhang masaklap 'to drei ah. tas One More Chance pa pinanood mo. haha.

Anonymous said...

wala, bitter. hahahah

Drei said...

anonymous - i not bitter cause im better :)

Anonymous said...

hmmn.. haha. parang di ka masaya eh.

Anonymous said...

一夜缘同城寂寞交友网站 , 寂寞情人交友网 , 午夜聊天交友 , 成人交友聊天 , 裸聊mm网站 , 视频女裸聊网 , 美女luo聊视频 , 聊色网站 , 视聊网 , 真人互动视频直播网站

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...